Bhutan Visa Requirements
- All visitors to Bhutan require a visa.
- Other than Indian and Bangladeshi nationals, a cost of USD 40 is applicable for the visa application.
- All visas are issued from Thimphu by the Tourism Council of Bhutan.
- Visas are only issued to tourists whom booked tour packages with local tour operators, directly or through a foreign travel agent.
- The tour operator submits applications for tourist visas. Clearance takes at least 10 working days to process.
Minimum Daily Package
In accordance to the Tourism Council of Bhutan, all tours must be booked through a licensed Bhutanese Tour Operator such as Bhutan Hiker. The Tourism Council of Bhutan has set a minimum selling price for every tour known as the minimum daily package which must be paid in US dollars prior to arrival in Bhutan.
The minimum daily package charge for tourists visiting in a group of 3 persons or more are as follows:
|Peak Season Tariff (Mar, Apr, May, Sept, Oct, Nov):||USD 250 per person per night|
|Regular Season Tariff (Jan, Feb, Jun, Jul, Aug, Dec):||US$ 200 per person per night|
For individual tourists and smaller groups of less than 3 people, a government surcharge applies in addition to the above charge as follows:
|Single Individual:||US$ 40 per night|
|Group of 2 people:||US$ 50 per person per night|
The minimum daily package covers the following services:
- Govt. approved standard hotels in twin sharing room (2-3 star)
- All meals at Govt. approved standard hotels or local restaurants
- Standard transport / transfers within Bhutan for the duration of the tour
- A licensed English speaking local guide for the duration of the tour
- Sightseeing, entrances fees to museums & monuments
- Camping equipment and haulage for trekking tours
- 35% royalty to the government & all taxes
Other services such as luxary hotels, travel insurance, specialized guides and personal expanses are not included in the minimum daily pacakge and will be charged accordingly.
For more information, you may visit the official website of the Tourism Council of Bhutan.